Re: Snapshots of window managers with translated Debian menu section

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 02:07:13PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2004-05-05 23:26:24, schrieb Bill Allombert:
> >Hello Debian-i18n,
> >
> >I would like to thanks all the translators of menu po file for their
> >work.  If menu is not translated in your favourite language, it is not
> >too late!
>
> Is there a german translation ?
> Maybe I can do it. (it is my native language).

Yes there is one.  Here the list of translation already available:
ca cs da de eo es fi fr hu it ja nl nn pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN

> >To get translated menu sections, you must run update-menus under the locale
> >you want.
>
> Question:	Is this global or per $USER ?

It is global when you run update-menus as root, and locale
when you run update-menus as a user.

> Problem:	I have a Multiuser/Multilanguage Environement
> 		for en, fr, de, tr, fs and ar.

We would like to make Multilanguage Environnement easier, but few
window-manager have the proper support. Nevertheless we plan to
add this feature for window-managers that provide the required
functionalities.

Thanks for your interest in Debian menu!
Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.