Re: Localization framework

Quoting Nikolai Prokoschenko (nikolai@prokoschenko.de):

> PROBLEMS: Upstream changes templates. We'd get to translate them only
> _after_ the initial upload of the new version. Any ideas?

Currently, none on my side. Mostly because I think that the l10n
infrastructure has to deal with a strong fact in Debian, which is NOT
likely to change (because it's intimately part of Debian) :

-Maintainers are the only responsible for their packages. They are the
ones who do the work.

We can probably offer an *optional* system for maintainers to "ask for
translations" nd grab translation back from theproject
repositories...Even integrate this somewhere in po-debconf tools.

I'm indeed not really sure of this last part anyways...:-)

But, again, we have to be as conservative as possible when it comes to
deal with package maintainers.