Re: Translators for popularity-contest?

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 08:39:01AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Bill Allombert (allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr):
> > On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:15:18AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > >
> > > I recently had to added text to the templates in the
> > > popularity-contest package (popcon.  The package is used in the
> > > default installation in sarge, so it would be nice with an up to date
> > > translation of the package.  There are 9 phrases to translate.
> >
> > I don't see any point at translating the new text, since it will never
> > be displayed.  Is there a way to mark a template not to be translated ?
> > Is removing the _ before Description sufficient ?
>
> You mean "popularity-contest/hostid-failed" ?

Yes!

> Well, if this template has been added, I guess this is because it will
> be displayed at some time? :-)

Looking at the code, it will be displayed randomly once every 2^128
installations.

There are no indication on the purpose of that code in the
debian/changelog or the CVS changelog. I asked Petter on irc if he was
going to fix that, but he told me to fix it myself, so I am rather going
to revert the code and remove that template.

> Anyway, it is already translated for several languages.

Then I apologize for not spotting this sooner. Please don't waste your
time anymore translating this template.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org> Popularity-contest maintainer.