Re: po-debconf and cvs

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:52:40AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > The ideal way would be to use CVS.
>
> I also think so. My plan was to put the material found by the
> w.d.o/intl/l10n generating scripts into a CVS with a nice merge mecanism
> adapted to po files.
>
> Then, a mail robot in the spirit of the one used on
> http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~gnutra/po/HTML/
> would be used to handle incoming signed mails from translators, check the
> correctness of their work and merge it in the CVS.

Nice.

> Here is my roadmap for the future. Any advice or help is welcome. Order
> matters.
>
>  - Let the translator put their work into that CVS
>    - First, using the classical CVS solutions
with some checks at commitinfo level to check the correctness.

> > I know of http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/pl
> > where I can find statistics, which can be parsed, but is there any text
> > version of it?
>
> The DB used to generate the statistics page is available from
> http://people.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/data/unstable.gz

Looking at the size of this file, the better in a means of bandwidth
saving, is parsing the statistics on d.o.

> > Please also CC me because I'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> Please subscribe, it would make our collaboration easier.

Done. But soon (in a month or so) I'm going to disappear for some time
(a month or two), so please address any questions to PDDP coordinator,
Bartosz Fenski.

Denis, thanks for noticing.
Christian: the translation is ready and is waiting for approval.

--
Bartosz Zapalowski
bartek@klepisko.eu.org