Re: How to set locale from an user account.

Am 2003-09-19 00:51:51, schrieb Osamu Aoki:
>I am wondering how to set locale fron user account (or more exactly
>under fakeroot).
>
>$ localedef -v -c -i en_GB -f UTF-8 ./en_GB.UTF-8
>
>This creates locale definition file but how can I access it?
>
>Osamu

??? - Wired !!!

As 'root' install the Package 'locales' and ignore debconf because
it has a bug. If installed call 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and
select your desired locales.

Logout and edit as user your ~/.bash_profile. I have for example:

export LC_MESSAGES=de_DE@euro
export LANGUAGE=de_DE@euro
export LANG=de_DE@euro

Put the same in the users ~/.Xsession.

If you like to automate it, install as root the Package 'language-env'
and as user call it with 'set-language-env' and follow the instructions.

Greetings from Strasbourg
Michelle