Re: Use of pseudo-tags to mark translation issues

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:23:17AM +0200, Philippe Faes wrote:
> I am not convinced that the first option is better.

Well, note that you're not really the one that needs to be convinced.

There are about three ways of "tagging" bugs in the BTS at the moment.
One is the obvious "tag" command. It's largely limited to things that
are useful to everyone and every package; and the exceptions to that
rule will probably go away. Another is the subject tagging that Adam's
started using on dpkg; it's there to allow the package maintainer to
better manage his/her bugs, and for no other reason. Appropriate tags
for that are whatever is helpful for the maintainer. The third way are
separately maintained databases of tags that are passed to the BTS,
such as is being used by the LSB team and for the Bugsquash pages [0].
This is a pretty new feature, and we haven't quite worked out the best
way for people to use it yet, but it's much more generalisable than
either of the others.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/lsb.cgi
    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/claims.cgi

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda