Re: lists.debian.org de-localization

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:09:11AM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From: barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier)
> Subject: Re: lists.debian.org de-localization (Re: automatically-generated ISO-8859-1 characters in mulbibyte webpages)
> Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:33:41 +0100
>
> > > Why not use iso_8859::str2sgml; instead of mhonarc::htmlize for iso-8859-1?
> [...]
> > Sounds like a very good idea.
>
> Who should I ask for this modification?
>
> (permission of klecker:/org/www.debian.org/cron/people_scripts/people.pl
> is 755 owner=joy group=debwww, but I don't know whether klecker is the
> rignt place to do because I checked klecker just by chance.  I also
> checked gluck(=www.debian.org) and master but they don't have the file.
> Where can I find a document on how /org/* are processed?)

'joy' is Josip Rodin.  He recently put these files into CVS:
       http://cvs.debian.org/cron/?cvsroot=webwml
but I do not know how permissions are managed.  IMO you should
wait for his (or any other webmaster's) approval before applying
changes.
There is no extra documentation, you have to read scripts and the
README files to learn how it works.  Basically pages are generated
on klecker (aka www-master) and copied to gluck.

Denis