Re: Automating of localizations

Hi,

Am Mi, den 29.10.2003 schrieb Konstantinos Margaritis um 10:43:
> * Create a metapackage (autolocale) that depends on all the above
> packages and automatically configure the localization settings.
> Actually this might be used by other languages, there's nothing in
> the process that excludes automation of the localization process for
> eg. cyrillic or japanese.

Beware that, as far as I know, a package must not change other package's
configuration files (at least not in the maintainer script) or it is not
allowed to the debian archive. Maybe it is ok to provide a package whose
binary does the job, and gets called from somewhere else (installer
maybe). But I am not sure.

nomeata
--
[NZ]Jojo