Re: po-debconf and cvs

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 05:20:59PM +0200, Bartosz Zapalowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> Polish Debian Documentation Project would like to start translations of
> po-debconf templates. Since there will be more packages using po-debconf
> because of obsoleting old template solution, there should be some
> central repository of po-debconf templates and translations.
>
> The ideal way would be to use CVS.

Hi,

There is nothing we can do, maintainers are responsible for their
packages and we cannot force them to put l19n related stuff in
a public CVS area.

> I know there is
> http://people.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/po/
> where I can find a nice directory structure of packages with po-debconf
> support.
>
> The problem is, we need as automated synchronization mechanism as it is
> possible.
>
> If we stick to the current situation, I'd like you placed a quick and
> easy parsing list, which would consist of at least package names which
> have po-debconf support. Better - it would contain the list of all files
> under http://people.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/po/ with some
> version information. The reason is that recursing through the subdirectories
> just to check if there are any interesting files is too much work for
> webserver and downloading each template translation just to see if it's
> up-to-date or not is bandwidth loss.
>
> I know of http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/pl
> where I can find statistics, which can be parsed, but is there any text
> version of it?

Normally statistics should be pretty accurate, you do not need version
information.  But maybe you are looking for
  http://gluck.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/data/unstable.gz
  http://nonus.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/data/unstable.gz
These files contain data used to generate all the files under
w.d.o/intl/l10n/po-debconf/.
You may also wish to focus on the debian-installer, see
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2003/debian-i18n-200309/msg00067.html

Denis