Re: apache: call for translators

Quoting Fabio Massimo Di Nitto (fabbione@fabbione.net):

> Hi all guys,
> 	I hope not to be offtopic or somehow unpolite, but recently (let
> say 20 minutes ago) we (apache's maintainers) just switched apache,
> apache-ssl and apache-perl to use po-debconf (better late than never ;)).
> Since we will not upload for sometime from now, we would like to invite
> translators to provide us some feedbacks and translations. Feedbacks
> because the transition has been done automatically and some old templates
> have been converted and they might be outdated (for sure they lack one
> template that has been introduced recently) and translations are in the
> category "would be very nice to have before upload" since apache uploads
> do not happen that often.

Fabio,

There seems to be some errors (or possible enhancements) in the
original version :

"Old log rotation scripts exists and are modified"

"Old log rotation scripts exist and have been modified"

(as far as I understand, you're saying there that the local admin made
modifications to the existing /etc/cron.d scripts)

"suExec is a feature of apache where CGI scripts are run by the user
who owns the script.  It is useful if your users have CGI access and
don't trust each other."

Here, my opinion is that suExec is mostly useful when the system
administrator does not trust users, not when users do not trust each
other.. :-)

"This version of apache-perl has been reorganized from the previously
installed version; its configuration files have moved to
/etc/apache-perl."

I'm not sure here, but I have the feeling that "from the previously
installed version" is not completely correct english...But I may be
wrong. Asking debian-l10n-english would be a good idea (this is ALWAYS
a good idea anyway).

Maybe something like : "A reorganisation of apache-perl files occurred
since the previously installed version...."

Also, "Apache-Perl" could probably be spelled consistently all over
the templates. In the above, upper cases are missing...

Attached is the french version of the templates. If you manage to
change the original version after my remarks, please CC
debian-l10n-french@lists.debian.org when asking for modifications.

While I send this fr.po file to you, I also send a "Request for
Proofreading" to the french team. I prefer sending you something ASAP
so that you have a work basis...but our QA process requires that all
translations are reviewed before being sent.....

Maybe some changed version will be sent in a few days/weeks.

# translation of pt.po to Portuguese
#
#    Translators, if you are not familiar with the PO format, gettext
#    documentation is worth reading, especially sections dedicated to
#    this format, e.g. by running:
#         info -n '(gettext)PO Files'
#         info -n '(gettext)Header Entry'
#    Some information specific to po-debconf are available at
#            /usr/share/doc/po-debconf/README-trans
#         or http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/README-trans#
#    Developers do not need to manually edit POT or PO files.
# Bruno Rodrigues <bruno.rodrigues@litux.prg>, 2003
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: apache\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2003-08-01 11:18+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2003-08-02 08:55+0100\n"
"Last-Translator: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>\n"
"Language-Team: French <debian-l10n-french@lists.debian.org>\n"

#. Description
#: ../apache-common.templates:3
msgid "Old log rotation scripts exists and are modified"
msgstr ""
"D'anciens scripts pour la rotation des journaux étaient présents et vont "
"être modifiés"

#. Description
#: ../apache-common.templates:3
msgid ""
"You have old log rotation scripts in /etc/cron.d and /etc/${PACKAGE}, they "
"have not been touched, but you might want to remove them to avoid having "
"your logs rotated multiple times."
msgstr ""
"D'anciens scripts pour la rotation des journaux existaient dans /etc/cron.d "
"et /etc/${PACKAGE}. Ils n'ont pas été modifiés mais vous devriez les "
"supprimer pour éviter que la rotation des journaux ne se produise plusieurs "
"fois."

#. Description
#: ../apache.templates:4 ../apache-ssl.templates:4 ../apache-perl.templates:20
msgid "Enable suExec?"
msgstr "Faut-il activer « suExec » ?"

#. Description
#: ../apache.templates:4 ../apache-ssl.templates:4 ../apache-perl.templates:20
msgid ""
"suExec is a feature of apache where CGI scripts are run by the user who owns "
"the script.  It is useful if your users have CGI access and don't trust each "
"other."
msgstr ""
"La fonctionnalité « suExec » permet aux scripts CGI de s'exécuter avec les "
"droits de l'utilisateur qui en est propriétaire. Cela est utile lorsque les "
"utilisateurs en qui vous placez une confiance limitée peuvent posséder des "
"scripts CGI."

#. Description
#: ../apache-perl.templates:3
msgid "Apache-Perl needs to be reconfigured."
msgstr "La reconfiguration d'Apache-Perl est nécessaire."

#. Description
#: ../apache-perl.templates:3
msgid ""
"This version of apache-perl has been reorganized from the previously "
"installed version; its configuration files have moved to /etc/apache-perl."
msgstr ""
"Une réorganisation des fichiers d'Apache-Perl a eu lieu depuis la version "
"précédemment installée : les fichiers de configuration ont été déplacés "
"dans /etc/apache-perl."

#. Description
#: ../apache-perl.templates:3
msgid ""
"Please read /usr/share/doc/apache-perl/README.Debian for more information."
msgstr ""
"Veuillez consulter /usr/share/doc/apache-perl/README.Debian pour plus "
"d'informations."

#. Description
#: ../apache-perl.templates:11
msgid "Apache-Perl needs a separate PidFile from Apache."
msgstr ""
"Apache-Perl doit utiliser un fichier d'identification de processus "
"(« PidFile ») différent de celui d'Apache."

#. Description
#: ../apache-perl.templates:11
msgid ""
"The installed /etc/apache-perl/httpd.conf contains a reference to apache."
"pid.  Apache-Perl must have its own PidFile, which should be called /var/run/"
"apache-perl.pid.  Apache-Perl will not start until this is corrected."
msgstr ""
"Le fichier /etc/apache-perl/httpd.conf actuel contient une référence au "
"fichier apache.pid. Apache-Perl doit utiliser son propre fichier "
"d'identification de processus, qui devrait s'appeler /var/run/apache-perl."
"pid. Apache-Perl ne démarrera pas tant que cela ne sera pas corrigé."