Re: Asking for a new pseudo package in the BTS: l10n-french

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:31:17AM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
[...]
> The i10n packages have real package maintainers, we have a real
> BTS-package. Also we can make new i10n packages, without any delay from
> the bin package maintainer.

I would like to insist on the difficulies to join the Debian project
as translators. Not beeing consider as a DD mean that every time one
needs to submit a translation on a cvsroot, he has to find a kindly
proxy who will submit the l10n files.

As regards to nm.d.o, i18n/l10n is runing down. I don't really know how to
underline the valuable work of translators, but we should find a way to
do that. However, the i18n/l10n in Debian is one of the best among the
Linux Distros.

That's why I believe that Martin's idea to create an entry into the
BTS is the nice idea.

> Some translator can build a own aptable http server with his newest
> translations and maybe some DDTP-like system can build daily new i10n
> packages, if it has new translations...

Is that too difficult to 'build' l10n-package on the fly ? What I mean is
that once you've choosen your language, apt could pick out the l10n
files from a kind of repository.

Cheers,
--
                                Pierre Machard