Re: lists.debian.org de-localization (Re: automatically-generated ISO-8859-1 characters in mulbibyte webpages)

On Jan 05, Tomohiro KUBOTA <debian@tmail.plala.or.jp> wrote:

 >It would be nice if we can convert raw 8bit mail headers (though it is
 >illegal; it sometimes happens and may cause breaking the lists.debian.org
 >pages) to SGML entities by assuming they are ISO-8859-1.  Since this may
 >annoy Russian (and other non-ISO-8859-1) people who happen to use MUAs
 >which generates illegal mail headers with 8bit characters without charset
 >specification, I'd like to hear from people from various countries.
It would be *MUCH* better to just refuse these messages. Most of them
are spam anyway.
At least in my country (and in all western europe, I think) raw latin-1
characters in headers are never found outside of non-spam messages.

/^Subject: .*[^[:print:]]{8}/   REJECT Your mailer is not RFC 2047 compliant

--
ciao,
Marco