From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pena <jfs@dat.etsit.upm.es>
Subject: apt: Apt should be prepared for internationalisation
To: submit@bugs.debian.org

Package: apt
Version: 0.5.4
Severity: normal

First off, I set this to "normal" and not "wishlist" because all
Debian package tools (dpkg, dselect) as of now are internationalised and
apt should be too ASAP

Long report:

Apt currently does not provided any kind of internationalisation support
for any of the tools (apt-cache, apt-cdrom, apt-get and apt-config), all
these programs should be internationalised with gettext.

If they are not, users will have a strange mixture of languages when using
Debian-specific tools:

1.- dbootstrap (basic installation) is internationalised
2.- taksel is too
3.- dselect is too
4.- apt is *not*
5.- dpkg is internationalised.

	The only piece missing currently is apt.

	Javi

-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Kernel Version: Linux avalon 2.4.17 #1 SMP jue feb 14 17:13:26 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Versions of the packages apt depends on:
ii  libc6          2.2.5-3        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libstdc++2.10- 2.95.4-1       The GNU stdc++ library

----- End forwarded message -----