Re: printing cyrillic from Mozilla

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 06:04:06PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:24:20 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > How is it possible to be able to display something on screen but not on
> > printer?  Couldn't X just treat a printer as a kind of display device that
> > it can write to?
>
> AFAIK, it can. See http://www.x-docs.org/XPRINT/xp_proto.pdf ,
> http://www.x-docs.org/XPRINT/xp_library.pdf ,
> http://www.x-docs.org/Xserver/Xprt.pdf .

You may well be on to something there.  Discussion on bugzilla of similar
problems to mine with printing non-latin characters seems to suggest that
the best solution is to use Xprint, the mozilla module that implements Xprt.

However I'm buggered if I can get it to work.  Looks like Xprint isn't
compiled into Debian's mozilla (I raised a bug about this).  Has anyone had
success in using Xprt?  It's extremely badly documented.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A