Re: different locale naming schemes between libc and X...

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:03:57PM -0500, Andre Charbonneau wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm currently doing a bit of research about the way to set the locale on
> a Linux system.  I experienced some X problems on my Linux system when I
> set my environmen variables to a locale using the notation that
> explicitly defines the character set, such as:
(...)

> 1. Does anyone know if entries in 'libc' form will be added to X's
> locale.alias in the near future?

	AFAIK no.

> 2. Is there documentation somewhere that explicitly defines the mapping
> between libc and X charset names?  For example:

	I guess the /etc/locale.alias and the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias are the files you need to look at.
I (at least tried) to explain this in the "Debian Euro Support" document.
The fix for this is using "aliases" so that

	A =/= B

c = A
in /etc/locale.alias

c = B