mlterm with BiDi support

Hello Shaul,

At Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:33:51 +0200,
Shaul Karl wrote:

> I hope that mlterm also takes into considerations the RTL (Right To
> Left) languages. As far as I know these are Hebrew and Arabic.
> Actually, BiDi (Bi Directional) might be more suitable then RTL in this
> context since users of these languages do expect to be able to combine
> the other direction too. And by that I mean have Hebrew/Arabic text
> combined with other languages text.

mlterm version 2.1.0 with BiDi support using FriBidi will be released
soon.  However, some people insist that terminal emulators are not
responsible for BiDi and application softwares are responsible (and
thus terminal emulators should _not_ support BiDi).

I think mlterm can satisfy such people by disabling BiDi support by
using command option or configuration file.

The point is, Shaul, do you think the BiDi support should be enabled
by default or should be disabled by default?

mlterm: http://mlterm.sourceforge.net/

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/