Re: RTL and MLTERM (Re: [I18n]Re: Thai XIM)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:

> To study about BiDi, is the following document enough, or do you
> have some recommendation? (though I have not read the document yet).
>
> Unicode Standard Annex #9 The Bidirectional Algorithm
> http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr9/

This only provides the basics. When you get to terminals, things get a lot
darker. There is an ECMA standard on this, which is much older than
Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm, and provides another perspective:

	http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/TECHREP/E-TR-053.HTM

The best place for discussing this should be linux-utf8, ivrix, and
arabeyes mailing lists...

roozbeh