Re: [grisu@debian.org: Re: Description Translation in Japanese]

Hi,

At Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:24:00 +0200,
Michael Bramer wrote:
> I refuse this first. Now he say, the JP debian project is dead and he
> will start with the ddts.

Debian JP Project hasn't dead yet :-)
But, JP translation project was suspended a long time ago.

> This is all ok, but can I download the already translated description
> somewhere?
> Who (has) maintain(ed) this old translated descriptions? Where can I
> ask?

Me. I became very busy (and I'm very very busy too at now X-( ),
so I couldn't manage this project well.

I excavate old archive, and put them
<http://people.debian.org/~kmuto/description>.

But I think they are too old to adopt or refer (they were made at
slink), and we should do newly.

P.S.
Why our translation project failed?
1. It couldn't make motivation to translate description of 'stable' package
   because the result will not merge current `stable' package at all.
2. There were(/are) huge packages in Debian, so the work was too hard to
   translate by a few members.
3. We hadn't any framework for use at the time.
4. I became very busy.
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org