Re: Still are problems with locale.alias (some locales do not have aliases and some languages have incorrect aliases)

Dear Mantias,

MK> I send this message about 3 times, but don't get normal answer :(

This answer is written from an ``upstream'' point of view.  I don't
know whether you want to consider it as ``normal''.

MK> Maybe it's hard to change 2 lines (from
MK> "russian  ru_RU.ISO-8859-5" and "russian : ru_RU.ISO-8859-5" to
MK> "russian  ru_RU.KOI8-R" and "russian : ru_RU.KOI8-R")

Under Linux, you should set your LC_* variables to "ru_RU", not to
"russian".  ru_RU does point at KOI8-R indeed.

I do not know what systems, if any, use the ``russian'' alias;
changing this alias cannot be done without checking that it doesn't
break any other systems supported by XFree86.  If you really believe
that this should be changed, take this discussion upstream to
i18n@xfree86.org.

MK> lt_LT.ISO-8859-13 lt_LT.ISO8859-13

XFree86 uses consistent naming for locales.  Compare this with the
naming of e.g. the various fr_FR.* locales, and you will notice that
your suggestion would be the odd man out.

Please use one of lt_LT.ISO8859-13 or lt_LT.ISO_8859-13, which are
properly parsed both by XFree86 and libc.

(Note: I don't know when these locales were added, but they are most
definitely in upstream CVS.)

Regards,

                                        Juliusz

P.S. Do not CC people with e-mail to lists you know they are
subscribed to.  It annoys them.  And you don't want to get Branden
annoyed.