Re: "Sitemap" webpage

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 09:36:50PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> I checked webwml/english/sitemap.wml and found:
>
>   my $title = `egrep '^#use .* title=' $page `; chomp $title;
>   $title =~ s/^#use .* title="([^"]+)".*$/$1/;
>
> This seems to be the code to extract title for sitemap items.

Yes.

> On the other hand, I don't understand how wml parser extracts
> titles.  I found webwml/english/template/debian/template.wml
> have a simple line of:
>
>   <H1>$(title)</H1>
>
> but I don't know where $(title) comes from.  All what I know
> is that generated Debian web pages are correct.

That variable is created in the headers such as

#use wml::foo::bar title="whatever"

This, I believe, is handled by the first WML pass, which is a Perl script. :)

I suppose we could just change that regexp to match everything after the
opening double quote up to the next space, and strip off the ending quote.

I'm not on -i18n so please cc: to -www or to me if posting there.