Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

Le mer, jui 04, 2001, à 07:50:41 +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA a écrit:

> Portability problem is that softwares have to use nl_langinfo(CODESET)
> and iconv().  iconv_open() has to accept conversion between UTF-8 and
> locale encodings.  And more, the names for these encodings are not
> standardized.  However, if we can limit portability to GNU libc system,

There is also (2b), also known as the General CS Problem Solving Mechanism
(yet another layer): use libunicode's iconv(). On iconv()-enabled platforms,
it's (theoretically) a thin layer over iconv(), on -disabled platforms, it
provides an implementations (however, if libunicode tells you the local
charset is US-ASCII, please ask a better informed library :-) )

	-- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.