Re: You know this templates translation page ?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 07:30:16PM +0100, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> Please keep in touch and send me your feedback. We could work together to get
> a set of scripts that could be use by any national team who'd like to start
> translating descriptions (I think this is what the dip project that Hector
> mentions is doing, but I've not been able to follow it).

Ok, I have write a Mail to a german Debian-Mailing List and I have
found some translaters.

Now I have write a small Mail-server for this person.

If you like, you can test it. The server support multilingual
translation and with the language 'test', you can test the server...

You get some descriptions for a translation with a mail to
	grisu-dt@auric.debian.org
and a subject
	GET 2 test

After this the server send you a mail with a attachment and in this
attachment are 'two' untranslatet descriptions for the language 'test'

Sorry, the guide is now only in german.

The server send in the attachment a nice template, like:
! This is gnome-chess, a graphical user interface for playing chess.
! .
! It works with chess programs and chess servers - it is also a PGN viewer.
! For chess programs, it works best with the chess engine crafty
! (ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu/pub/hyatt) but most features should also work with
! GNU Chess (ftp://ftp.gnu.org).
! .
! You can use the "first chess program" option to choose the computer engine
! you want to play against.
! .
! E.g. try "gnome-chess --fcp crafty" or "gnome-chess --fcp gnuchessx"
!Description-test: <trans>
! <trans>
! .
! <trans>
! .
! <trans>
! .
! <trans>

You must only translate the '<trans>' and send this back to the server.

The server memorize all sections of all descriptions. If have some packages a
same section, the server will replace the '<trans>' with his know translation.

The server will support a comptroller. With this all translated Descriptions
are send (after some days) to a other translator and he can check the
translation (spelling etc.)

The server log the e-mail of the translator and the server can inform
the old translator...

Ok, Now the server is running in a beta phase. Test it (if you like)
with the testing language 'test' ....

Gruss
Grisu
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play
 one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis