Re: Problem with iso8859 on xterm/with man(1)

Cyrille Artho <cartho@silmaril.org> writes:

> Hi,
> reinstalling the packages "locales" still did not fix the problem. I
> ran apt-get --reinstall install locales and there still is no
> /etc/locale.gen or an /usr/sbin/locale-gen. Perhaps I should use
> localedef instead?

Err, you're using stable (potato), right?  No locale.gen there.  You
have to switch to testing (or unstable).
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development

Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is
not the reason we are doing it                      -- Richard Feynman