Re: Problem with iso8859 on xterm/with man(1)

Cyrille Artho <cartho@silmaril.org> writes:

> Hi,
> reinstalling the packages "locales" still did not fix the problem. I
> ran apt-get --reinstall install locales and there still is no
> /etc/locale.gen or an /usr/sbin/locale-gen. Perhaps I should use
> localedef instead?

Err, you're using stable (potato), right?  No locale.gen there.  You
have to switch to testing (or unstable).
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development

Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is
not the reason we are doing it                      -- Richard Feynman