Re: info files

"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" <jhm@cistron.nl> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 09:36:35 +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> > How to translate info files (/usr/share/info)?
> Don't try to translate the info files themselves. Info files are an output
> format; the source format is "texinfo", and the texinfo sources are found in
> the source package.

According to Edition 4.0 of the Texinfo manual, updated 28 September
1999., texinfo is practically not usable for Polish, because there is
no legal way to insert ą (a with ogonek) and ę (e with ogonek).  Other
national characters have to be input in a very cumbersome way.

Does anybody know a good way out? Perhaps one has to prepare text in
SGML and then convert it into info files?

Best regards

dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW
Prof. Janusz S. Bien, Warsaw Uniwersity
Na tym koncie czytam i wysylam poczte i wiadomosci offline.
On this account I read/post mail/news offline.