Re: italian translation

Hi,

> And now for some questions...
> is there any language other than english for which the translation
> process is in a later stage?

jp as its own distrib. For french, nothing really constructed, but lot of
efforts. For others, dunno.

> Which procedure did it follow?
dunno. Do you have any ideas ?

> Which is the procedure to follow to send the files
> to the maintainers of the packages which are not in the debian CVS? Is it
> ok to send them as bug reports?

I think it's ok, but not really helpfull. Check the bugs of adduser, for
example. In whishlist section, some translated po are waiting since a *very*
long time. But how could we do ?

> Is there any documentation I missed for translators in the Debian website?
> Are there any useful scripts to manage the distributions, for example to
> check the consistency of a package list?

If you want to translate the webpages and docs, check
http://www.debian.org/international/spanish/ltcp.es.html
(for spanish) or
http://www.debian.org/international/french/ltcp.fr.html
(for french)
there are scripts to help with organisation and so on.

If you want to translate po files, check the english/international/l10n
directory of the webwml cvs repository. There is some scripts to check the
translation of the packages, but it is still in early stage, and now html
pages are generated for now on the web pages. Any comments welcome.
(root of the cvs server : :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/webwml)

simply type make in the directory
you'll have to have the whole english webwml tree to have it properly
  generated
then, you may be interrested in the file l10n-lang-it.en.html, which lists
  the level of translation for Italian

I hope this helps, Mt.