Re: Debian for the developing world: help with human languages

I think debian-i18n is the place to fit this request,
so I forward this from debian-devel / debian-project to here.

In article <86d7poxur3.fsf@someotherplace.org>,
  at 23 Feb 2000 02:06:56 -0500,
    on Debian for the developing world: help with human languages,
 David Coe <david.coe@someotherplace.org> writes:

>   [I've agreed to help Bob Chassell of FSF run a workshop on "Freely
>   Redistributable, Open Source Software"
>   (http://www.globalknowledge.org.my/gkii_workshop_mimos.htm) at the
>   "Global Knowledge II" conference, March 7-10, in Kuala Lumpur.
>
>   This conference, sponsored by the Global Knowledge Partnership
>   (http://www.globalknowledge.org/), is where "people, representing
>   the public and private sectors will meet to hammer out strategies
>   that will put information and knowledge in the hands of developing
>   countries and the world's poor."
>
>   Bob Chassell is an FSF Founder, Debian user and fan, and we will
>   present Debian as the largest, freest, and most reliable GNU/Linux
>   distribution.]
>
> Debian has excellent support for languages, I've heard, but I have no
> personal experience there.  Since this audience will be global and
> diverse (fortunately for me the conference is held in English),
> I suspect they'd like to hear about that.  Can anyone offer me some
> pointers, for users and/or developers?
>
> Thanks.

Are their any people from Malaysia on -i18n list ?

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>