Re: man-db locale support

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 11:00:38AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:

> But if one set LANG environment to ja_JP.ujis, this man-db does not
> search man/ja/ tree. So LANG=ja is required.
>
> I have found that following change is done between 2.3.10-69i
> and 2.3.10-69j:
>
> Why did you comment out these lines ? Many users who use Japanese
> may set their LANG environment to ja_JP.ujis.

See bug#39281

I think we need to define a policy.
Some people wants to use only the language code, other seems to need the
full range of options.
Sometimes it depends on the local HOWTO author, and on his preferences
:-)

Anyway, I've just uploaded -69k with a change in the search of the directory.
Now it should find manpages in ja even with LANG=ja_JP.ujis .

Let me know.

fab