Bug#38107: new patch (correct, this time) for man-db japanese support.
- To: Fumitoshi UKAI <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#38107: new patch (correct, this time) for man-db japanese support.
- From: Fabrizio Polacco <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:19:27 +0300
- Message-id: <19990920161927.C3175@none>
- Reply-to: Fabrizio Polacco <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <14309.17932.539589.72159A@lavender>
- References: <19990908145827D.email@example.com> <19990909055525.A545@none> <14295.61426.235619.29321F@lavender.ukai.org> <19990910070045.A886@none> <14296.43361.408570.29321F@othuum.jp.hpl.hp.com> <19990914080503.D471@none> <14302.33504.813524.29321F@lavender> <19990915090438.D23355@none> <14309.17932.539589.72159A@lavender>
On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 05:22:36AM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> I'm afraid it also does not work correctly.
> > + troff = 1;
> I think this `troff = 1;' should be removed, because when troff = 1,
> a man page will not be showed using pager, but simply output to stdout.
Yeah, you're right.
I was simply assuming that when getting the screen full of garbage ..
that's the ja manpage, so it was correct :-)
OK just remove that line, or put zero in line 1340 (humm ... my source
I want to get out with this version, as it has a lot of fixes.
Any other language can test it?
I've tested with hungarian, but it works good also with latin1, so ...
One question concern me: how do you switch set of characters in your
console/xterm ? I mean if the page is in "ja" it displays in japanes,
else in english. But you need to switch also the charset, isn't it?
In any case, this will not work untill we will have merged jgroff with
groff and jless with less.
| firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
| 6F7267F5 fingerprint 57 16 C4 ED C9 86 40 7B 1A 69 A1 66 EC FB D2 5E
| email@example.com gsm: +358 (0)40 707 2468