Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:28:22 +0800
From: Tung-Han Hsieh <thhsieh@twcpro.phys.ntu.edu.tw>
To: foka@ualberta.ca
Subject: Questions about i18n

Hello,

Recently, many of us have been working on the [Chinese] zh_TW.Big5
locale on Linux.  This locale requires glibc-2.1.  (Although it could
be used under glibc-2.0.7 using libwcsmbs, but since glibc-2.1 is out
already, that possibility is not being considered.) We already have our
own locale-def file, but there are still some problems under glibc-2.1.
We don't know where to find help, so I would like to ask you first.

Here is my question: Could I give you a copy of our locale-def to
Debian's glibc-2.1 maintainer(s) or the i18n group for testing?  If you
find that it could be a bug in glibc-2.1, could Debian help fix the
bug, and then forward the bug report or patch to GNU?  And when the
problem is corrected, could Debian accept our zh_TW.Big5 file as part
of the official release?  To whom should I report these problems?  Or
should I discuss with GNU (FSF) directly?

Actually, I don't feel too comfortable to contact GNU/FSF directly
since my copy of glibc-2.1 has been patched by Debian and may not be
the latest version, so I am not sure how to report the problem, and
would like to ask you [Debian developers] for help.

Thanks in advance!  :-))

T.H.Hsieh

----- End forwarded message -----

The following is the Tung-Han's original message in Big5 (traditional
Chinese) encoding:

----- Forwarded message from Tung-Han Hsieh <thhsieh@twcpro.phys.ntu.edu.tw> -----