Re: Foreign language syllable division rules

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 04:18:08PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was asked today how to enable foreign language syllable division
> rules for manpages.  Can you give me a hint or an idea to look
> at?

Take the corresponding TeX hyphenation file (eg. from
/usr/lib/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/), remove or comment out everything
but the contents of the \patterns macro, and save it as
/usr/share/groff/tmac/hyphen.<LANGUAGE>.

Then change /usr/share/groff/tmac/troffrc (the ``.do hla'' line and
the ``.do hpf'' line) so that it uses the newly created hyphenation
patterns.

--
The Sirius Cybernetics Corporation incompetently produces a wide range of
inefficient and unreliable high-tech machinery. However, thanks to SCC's