Re: Fixkeys Mini Howto

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> I joust notice this on freshmeat:
> :Fixkeys is a mini howto
> http://electron.et.tudelft.nl/~jdegoede/fixkeys.txt
> :on howto get your keys to work once and for all
> :under linux.. This howto comes with a few example config files. And doesn't
> :only explain what you should change but also why. I've been using and
> :refining this setup for 2 years now and it works great. Please check it out
> :as I hope to get Red Hat, Debian and other distributions to include this to
> :really fix key problems out of the box. Also please contact me with any
> :suggestions.
>
> I suspect most, perhaps even all, the issues addressed in this howto were
> fixed in Debian 2.0 as a result of the Debian Keyboard Configuration Project
> (anyone have a working URL for it?). Can someone who has followed this more
> closely than I please confirm this?

Okay, I myself am well aware of this project since I followed it with much
interest as I already said I've been busy here and then with this keybaord
stuff for two years.

Here's the url:

http://schwarz.developer.debian.org/kbd/index.html

And here's whats on their page:

The home page of the Debian Keyboard Configuration Project has been
removed from this server since the project was unmaintained for several
months. If you are intrested in taking over these pages, please drop me a
note.

Christian Schwarz

This project not getting anywhere was one of the reasons for me to write
this little howto. It's just a start, and there are others like it.
But this howto tries to address the core of the problem. And I am activly
trying to get redhat to include these fixes and other distributions i hope
will follow, if debian is interested in my work please drop me a note.

I'm more then willing to work with any distribution to get this fixed.

Regards,

Hans