Re: fixing backspace and delete

>         * Some operating systems use `^H' for stty erase. However, modern
>           telnet versions and all rlogin versions propagate stty settings,
>           and almost all UNIX versions honour stty erase. Where the stty
>           settings are not propagated correctly things can be made to work
>           by using stty manually.
>         * Some operating systems have different kdch1 settings in their
>           terminfo for xterm and others. On these systems the Delete key
>           will not work correctly when you log in from a system conforming
>           to our policy, but `<--' will.

These two cases, and buggy programs, are the only problems you cannot fix
with simple keymapping and a tweak to the xterm terminfo.

You can fix these by having a wrapper that runs broken programs, or connections
to broken systems for you, which translates what you type into what the other
end wants to see:

--< bsdelfix >--
#!/usr/bin/expect

eval spawn -noecho $argv