Re: Why don't we put the .po template in /usr/doc/package ?

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

>  I have done so with xinvaders. This way we can encourage users to translate
> it and send it to the maintainer.

I think this is a good idea.
Looking for translator is an hard work to do and I think we must give more
possibility to normal user to collaborate with Debian (and *@li.org
mailing lists).

Maybe (how someone already suggest) I think is better to put al pot file
in a single directory (or estabilish a link from
/usr/doc/package/package.pot to this directory).

gettext is part of hamm or is already in experimental?
Without this package, translating pot file isn't so easy.

	Bye
		Giova

Giovanni Bortolozzo    <borto@dei.unipd.it> or <borto@veneto.shineline.it>
     Key fingerprint = F8 42 1F 72 A2 9D 00 A4  86 B1 95 6E AE F7 0F AF
        *** ITALIAN DOCS 4 LINUX : http://ildp.psy.unipd.it ***