Re: Translations for new boot floppies

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Giovanni Bortolozzo wrote:

> On 27 Jan 1998, Christian Leutloff wrote:
> >
> > Has someone experience with M$ Windows systems!? There is a mechanism
> > that allows to start a default application after inserting a
> > [...]
> There is a file called autorun.somethingIcouldremember :-P
> It have two line: one specify the program to run and the other is the icon
> to use instead of standard CD-Rom icon in Win95 desktop.
>
> I think we could use it to create boot floppy, but for using fips and
> start linux I think the system have to be in DOS mode.

Yes.

A good think can be put an "install.exe" in the root of CD that call
loadlin and start installation. I've found that need a ".exe" because
it can be started as "d:install", "e:install",... and a .exe can
handle correctly the path for loadlin, kernel and root.bin.

A problem is that no all windows95 can access CDROM after exited to
dos, and need to copy loadlin.exe, kernel and root.bin in local HD
inside win95.

Does fips support FAT32?

ciao

					Michele

--
Dalla Silvestra Michele      Other info: finger://dalla@pluto.linux.it
Key fingerprint = 68 02 A9 C7 FB 05 9E 9C  C7 B6 4A 13 61 25 5B 43