Re: Package Descrption I18N Proposal

From: Fabien Ninoles <fabien@va.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Package Descrption I18N Proposal
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:44:40 -0800

> You can arg the same in the other way: an L-speaking user don't need
> all the text translations for programs that they'll never installed.
> I don't think we can find a general solutions for everything. I prefer
> to see all localisations for a package in the same package until it
> get too big. After that, the maintainer can decided to subdivide the
> package, just like the package-doc.deb scheme.

My intention was to discuss description issue only and I prefer the
"all localizations for a package in the same package" scheme, but I
totally agree to your idea regarding other localized stuff. This may
be same as manpages-<lang> (I'm not sure how they will be coped with,
though).

www.debian.org webpages are already being translated in such a way.

----
Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.or.jp>