Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

On 25 Sep 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
>
> > Would it be possible to make these settings intelligently during install?
> > Perhaps check what kind of keyboard is in use or what the locale is?
>
> I don't think so.  Currently the only conditionals in an inputrc are
> for TERM and application.

We are currently planning to create a keyboard configuration program which
changes all kbd related configuration. The local sysadmin could use this
to switch Ctrl and CapsLock's behaviour, for example. This cfg program
could easily adapt /etc/inputrc, I think.

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,