Re: poweroff support on Hurd?

Wojciech (Voitek) Aniszewski, le jeu. 07 déc. 2023 14:23:35 +0100, a ecrit:
> wojciech@saiph:~$ showtrans /servers/shutdown
> /hurd/shutdown
> wojciech@saiph:~$ showtrans /servers/acpi
> /hurd/acpi
> wojciech@saiph:~$ showtrans ls /servers/acpi/tables
> APIC   BOOT  FACP  MCFG  SSDT  SSDT  SSDT  TCPA
> 'ASF!' ECDT  HPET  SLIC  SSDT  SSDT  SSDT
>
> dunno what I'm looking at unfortunately,

To tell the real truth, I don't know what these tables are either.

> docs needed.

ACPI is documented, that's completely independent from the Hurd.

That being said, start from the start: the shutdown trigger is performed
by the shutdown translator, in shutdown/shutdown.c, which calls into the
acpi translator. Then it's a matter of following the function calls, put
mach_print() calls along the way, and check what is actually happening.

Samuel