Re: keyboard configuration fails

Hello,

Martin-Éric Racine, le jeu. 30 nov. 2023 12:23:47 +0200, a ecrit:
> Damn lists.debian's Reply-To... Please keep me in CC.

Ah, sorry, it's not the list's fault, but I told my mailer to avoid Cc
because most people are already subscribed to debian development lists.

> but the Hurd console does (which should work after a reboot).

(or just restarting the hurd-console service)

> This
> apparently fails, too, since debconf data for keyboard-configuration
> (correct for a default Finnish keyboard map) and what I get on the
> console (symbols where the US keyboard has them) don't match.

I just quickly tried within the installer, and things does work as far
as I can tell, for instance the key on the right of 'p' produces 'å'.

I tried to reconfigure keyboard-configuration to enable the Finnish
layout, and after hurd-console restart I did get the same.

Remember: in bug reports, always describe precisely what you did, what
you obtained, and what you expected. Otherwise we have a mail ping-pong
only to manage to find out what actually is going wrongly in your case,
thus a loss of time for everybody.

Samuel