Re: expect eats all the ptys

Hi Samuel,
On Fri, 8 Sept 2023 at 04:00, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
That also happens on Linux: type spawn true / wait several times and you
will see /dev/pts/ populating. The test passes on Linux only because its
ptmx interface allows for unbound ptys.
Ah yes, I put a sleep 100 after the loop and could see all the open filedescriptors.
That made me dig some more. Changing the loop to something like
spawn true
set sid $spawn_id
wait $spawn_id
close -i $spawn_id

Makes it work fine. In fact, I increased the loop to 1000 just to be sure, no issues.

I put similar (add the wait and close -i) into the psmisc test script makes it pass on Hurd now.
So that's good, psmisc can be updated.

In other news, procps 4.0.4 should work on Hurd. I removed a PATH_MAX and fixed the library to not use /proc/sys for Linux version.

(yes, we should add ptmx support in the Hurd, help welcome!)
I'm actually going to look at the procfs first, being the procps/psmisc author, to see if there is anything important there.
Wouldn't that be a translator?

 - Craig