Re: jemalloc's Hurd patch

Hi again,

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 06:31:58PM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 05:22:44PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > For information, I have completed and submitted jemalloc's hurd.patch to
> > https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/pull/2443
>
> That's awesome, thank you! I'll include it in the next upload, which
> will be after the bookworm release at this point.

I got around to testing this, and I tried a test build with the updated
patch, in a Hurd QEMU (20230608 nightly, dist-upgraded to today's
unstable).

The aligned_alloc test fails, with "Killed". gdb says "Thread 4 received
signal ?, Unknown signal." and has a backtrace involving...
  __GI___pthread_mutex_lock ->
  __GI___pthread_key_create ->
  tsd_boot0 ->
  je_malloc_tsd_boot0 ->
  malloc_init_hard ->
  malloc_init ->

Have you ("make check" and/or dpkg-buildpackage) tested this change? Are
you able to reproduce?

Thanks!
Faidon