Re: Troubles with updating Debian Hurd

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 12:38 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Please always check the latest version of the wiki pages on darnassus,
> there it was fixed:
>
> debootstrap --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg --extra-suites=unreleased sid chroot http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports/

I had no idea that the wiki on darnassus was different/newer! Thanks
for letting me know!

> > The log contains the following:
> >
> > Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.32-4) ...
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  rsyslog
> > dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rsyslog:
> >  rsyslog depends on libjson-c3 (>= 0.10); however:
> >   Package libjson-c3 is not installed.
>
> Yes, that's why you need the unreleased part.

...but that doesn't seem to have helped much:

# debootstrap  --no-check-gpg --extra-suites=unreleased sid
/mnt/subhurd/ http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports/
<snip>
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /mnt/subhurd/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly
the package rsyslog is at fault)
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /mnt/subhurd/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly
the package rsyslog is at fault)
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /mnt/subhurd/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly
the package rsyslog is at fault)
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /mnt/subhurd/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly
the package rsyslog is at fault)
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /mnt/subhurd/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly
the package rsyslog is at fault)

# tail -30 /mnt/subhurd/debootstrap/debootstrap.log
dpkg: error processing package rsyslog (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of vim-tiny:
 vim-tiny depends on vim-common (= 2:8.2.2434-3); however:
  Version of vim-common on system is 2:8.2.3455-2.

dpkg: error processing package vim-tiny (--configure):
 rsyslog
 vim-tiny
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rsyslog:
 rsyslog depends on libjson-c3 (>= 0.10); however:
  Package libjson-c3 is not installed.
 rsyslog depends on liblogging-stdlog0 (>= 1.0.2); however:
  Package liblogging-stdlog0 is not installed.
 rsyslog depends on liblognorm2 (>= 1.1.2); however:
  Package liblognorm2 is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package rsyslog (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of vim-tiny:
 vim-tiny depends on vim-common (= 2:8.2.2434-3); however:
  Version of vim-common on system is 2:8.2.3455-2.

dpkg: error processing package vim-tiny (--configure):
 rsyslog
 vim-tiny

Sergey