Re: Hi, I am a newbie to debian-hurd development! I have created a patch for libtorrent-0.13.8

João Pedro Malhado, le jeu. 29 avril 2021 14:49:40 +0200, a ecrit:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2021 at 09:23:43PM +0900, haha wang wrote:
> > 1. Should I only load that patch file? Is it enough? Should I provided a change
> > file?
> > 2. If the patch file is accepted, how it can be merged to the official deb
> > package?
> > 3. Should I add some other description information to the patch file?
>
> I would say that you should submit a bug report against the libtorrent package
> with you patch.

I'd say rather ask for advice on this list first. See Jess' feedback on
the proposed patch for instance, we do not want to bother package
maintainers with patches which are actually improper.

Also, rather than reporting against the Debian package, it is usually
better to directly send to upstream, since that's where it will have to
land in the end anyway. That's also much better for discussing about the
patch, avoiding to go through the Debian maintainer for no good reason.

Samuel