Re: Troubles with updating Debian Hurd

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 12:33 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Answering separately since they are completely separate issues.

Thanks a lot for taking a look!

> That's odd indeed. Which gnumach kernel were you using? I noticed an FPU
> context switch bug in gnumach, possibly that was affecting only the
> sha512 implementation. It is fixed in version 2:1.8+git20210923-1.

2:1.8+git20210828-1, according to 'apt policy'. I cannot install a
different (newer) one for obvious reasons; though I should be able to
build one from source, boot it, and if that fixes the issue, update
properly. Or perhaps you happen to know of an apt flag/option to
ignore sha512 and temporarily rely on other hashes?

Was the FPU context bug introduced recently (as in, several months
ago)? If it wasn't, the checksum issues must be caused by something
else.

Sergey