Re: Netsurf build failure: 'PATH_MAX' undeclared (patch)

Hello Jeff,

(Writing this from the hurd-console. Does utf-8 work? ã õ á à ê)

On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 03:31:52PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 2:33 PM João Pedro Malhado <phlogiston@sapo.pt> wrote:
> >
> > The size of the filepaths are now allocated dynamically using asprintf()
> > type of functions and realpath().
> > I don't know if upstream would accept such a patch as they need to worry about
> > platforms like RISC OS and AmigaOS, and I don't know if this would work there.
> > It might be ok for Debian though. If there are no objections/corrections I could
> > try upstream first.
>
> You may be able to use Gnulib for the cross-platform support of
> asprintf and realpath. Gnulib will handle the implementation details
> for you. Gnulib also does a good job of listing problem platforms.

Thank you for the suggestion, I did not know about Gnulib. I think it might be
a good idea in this case. I'll suggest it to upstream and see if they want to
go that way.

Regards,
João