Re: Hi, I am a newbie to debian-hurd development! I have created a patch for libtorrent-0.13.8

João Pedro Malhado, le jeu. 29 avril 2021 14:49:40 +0200, a ecrit:
> > 4. Can somebody tell me how can I become a debian package maintainer? Is there
> > any detailed and practical guides?
>
> You might know that there is a specific process to apply as a Debian Developer
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper/JoinTheProject/NewMember
>
> If you want to help in the development of the Hurd port, starting to build a
> track record in porting packages may be a way to go.

Yes, aiming directly for being a Debian Developer is too far. Start with
submitting patches, getting corrected, eventually get to produce
good-quality patches, then you'll become a maintainer, continue
improving, and then you can get a developer account.

Samuel