Debian Hurd network configuration help + docs

Hello,

My Debian Hurd VM in virt-manager was working well when I tried it last, but
it seems to be having network issues now. I tried the directions over at [1],
but that hasn't netted me much:
# settrans -fga /dev/netdde /hurd/netdde
settrans: /hurd/netdde: No such file or directory

# settrans -fga /dev/netdde
settrans: /dev/netdde: No such file or directory

ping just gives me unknown host and the system seems oblivious to any
connection. I've tried e1000 and rtl8139 virtual adapters (the former was what
worked fine), had updated the VM to unstable recently, and am looking for
suggestions.

I also sent my first Hurd fix to p11-kit recently [2] (may not fix it completely)
and look forward to continue helping kernel diversity.

[1] https://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/gnutls-team/p11-kit/-/merge_requests/3