Re: initscripts: huge number of calls to uname

control: tags -1 +moreinfo

[ Added debian-hurd into thread ]

[2019-03-01 13:50] Pierre Ynard <linkfanel@yahoo.fr>
> > Alternatively, we could consider how we could make efforts to make
> > bin:initscripts Architecture: all; currently it is not possible, since
> > version of hurd have one file more.
>
> That file would be /etc/hurd/runsystem.sysv I don't really understand
> why it's part of the initscripts package anyway? It calls /sbin/init, is
> that supposed to be the binary provided by sysvinit-core? initscripts
> doesn't depend on sysvinit-core yet that script depends on it?

Good catch, Pierre. Hurd maintainers, what about moving runsystem.sysv
to bin:hurd or something like this?

> I think making bin:initscripts Architecture: all; would make a lot of
> sense.

I favor this option too. Shell scripts should be Arch: all.

> > Given that bin:initscripts is already Architecture: any, it does not
> > make sense. We could provide file with KERNEL=<constant value> as part
> > of package.
>
> If it was Architecture: all; could you still set up that file in
> postinst?

Requires more care, but definitely possible.
--
        Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once every 24 hours.
                 If matter is urgent, try https://t.me/kaction