Re: Debian Hurd installer fixed since 2014?

Samuel Thibault:

> Memory management is being worked on and there have been
> various fixes, yes.

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard:

> I'll give it another go when I get the time, then.

As promised, I have given it another go, with your latest DVD image dated
January 2017.  The good news is that the installer succeeds, and doesn't hang
trying to install exim as before.  The bad news is that networking fails quite
badly.

ssh to 127.0.0.1, where OpenSSH is listening, works repeatedly *until* the first
time that I attempt to connect to any non-loopback address, whereupon IP
networking stops connecting to anything at all, loopback or no.  It also breaks
shutdown, which just hangs at "Deconfiguring network interfaces".  Shutdown
succeeds if I only touch loopback networking.

Also: Exiting aptitude with "q" "y" does not complete until it is sent a SIGINT.
 The hurd console does not properly draw the screen at startup (resulting in an
extra "login:" line at the bottom of the screen).  The WWW page's assertion that
there is an inetutils-ping package appears to be false.  And the hurd console
does odd things (that the Mach console does not) with a U.K. keyboard layout, in
particular with Shift+3 .