Re: isc-dhcpd vs udhcpd

Just to rephrase my original request then...

Personally, I don't really care about the DHCP client used in d-i, but I
do care about complexity in the bind9 packaging.

The --without-openssl support will go away (probably in BIND 9.13) and I
would rather unify the two sets of libraries into one. If that means
shuffling symbols around, so we don't end up with libxml2, libjson and
libgeoip in d-i, then I will rather make it happen in upstream

So the main difference between export and non-export libraries are:

Are these a problem?
* krb5 / gssapi # guess this is a problem, as krb5 has not udebs
* libcap2 # guess not, there's a udeb

These have to definitely go:
* libgeoip1 (I have no idea why it's linked to libisc)
* libxml2 (I have no idea why it's linked to libisc)

Cheers,
Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>