Re: open-isns porting question: sudden SIGLOST

On 07/24/2016 03:16 PM, Christian Seiler wrote:
> Dear Hurd porters,
> (please cc me in replies, I'm not subscribed)

> If you want, I can obviously upload a package to the archive
> that will build (but not work) on Hurd with some instructions on how to
> reproduce the issue, but I though I'd ask here first, maybe the
> solution is really simple.

Because of other bugs, I've uploaded 0.96-2, and included my
preliminar patch to make it build on Hurd (though the buildds
haven't come around to it yet). Still doesn't actually work
on Hurd though.

If you want to reproduce the issue once it's built:

apt-get install open-isns-server

isnsadm --local --list nodes

(Ignore the warning about initiatorname.iscsi, that's to be
expected.)

This command will kill both the client (isnsadm) and the server
(isnsd) with SIGLOST, so you'll need to restart the server if
you want to try that again. Same thing works fine on Linux and
kFreeBSD. (Output should be empty in the default setup, but at
least the program shouldn't crash.)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Christian